Thursday, June 7, 2012

Let the Thailand adventures.... BEGIN!!

Whew... It has been a LOOOOOONG two days!  Three airports (HNL, MNL, and BKK), one layover (4 hours), and two flights (11 hours + 3 hours) later, we arrived safely in Bangkok! Spent the night in an airport hotel, and left Bangkok early this afternoon to our first real destination of the trip: Chiang Mai.  I am so excited to not spend another minute near an airport or an airplane for the next 5 days.  Below are a few captures from the past two days.

Leaving Honolulu - Goodbye to the USA for 18 days!

 
Our one-nighter at a Bangkok Airport Hotel + the hotel's patio

The Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok) has the most amazing orchid flower displays!

After two days of what seemed like only airport/airplane food, I FINALLY had my first real meal tonight in Chiang Mai.  It was nothing short of amazing!  Hands down the best panang curry I've ever had...  Add in a Chang beer, and total my meal at just under $4 USD.  

Yes, all of this for under $4 USD. Delicious and cheap!

Tomorrow is the first full day to explore Chiang Mai.  I'm planning on seeing some kitties at the Tiger Kingdom, getting a Thai massage, and visiting a Night Bazaar.  Stay tuned, my friends!



- Meredith 
["Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore." - Andre Gide]

No comments: